Covid-19 and Bellydance: A mixed start of the school year
Whether we are Bellydance student, teacher, dancer, or artist, we all placed a lot of hope and ambition in this comeback by being highly optimistic in order to prompt a return to a normal (or almost).
It is clear that the situation is persisting over time and this virus is causing great harm to the various stakeholders in the world of oriental dance whether it is the dancers in search of escape whose face-to-face lessons are suspended or have to give the lessons with a mask and therefore in mar conditions, teachers competing in action and energy to get off to a good start while respecting protective measures and ensuring their living income, performance venues and all temporary show business workers or of course the sales professionals such as our store who are also bearing the brunt of this unprecedented global health crisis, and its consequences.
Clearly (and fortunately), we still have distance online courses for the regions affected by this interruption but the uncertainty persists for everyone when it comes to the proceedings of the year and especially whether the end-of-year performance will take place or not, with a situation evolving almost daily.
In this context, and to keep on being positive, moving forward, the essential is to believe in it, accept the situation, adapt, live from day to day but while continuing to keep going and working on some projects; this will allow you not to be discouraged and to see beyond this situation which, let us remember, even if there’s no deadline, is temporary. So, we work hard, and dance, again and again, anytime and anywhere. We continue to shine and feed the flame at all costs even if it is not in a Bellydance class or under the spotlight. To counter frustration, there’s nothing better than passion but also kindness.
This exceptional situation will have had the merit of developing even more the solidarity already very present in the oriental dance community between teachers and dancers. The actions and messages of compassion and encouragement take away the bitterness and darkness that could emerge in these difficult times. Everyone tries at their level and with their abilities to keep oriental dance alive.
With these few words and mixed statement, we also would like to show you our unfailing support.
At any time now the party, joy, dancing, glitter, hugs, friendliness and carefree life will take hold and all of this will be a distant memory, be sure of it as much as we are and dance through thick and thin.
With all our love,
The BellydanceDiscount.com team
Leave a comment
Login to post comments
- Stop the prejudices on oriental dancing! 6 ideas to get rid of as quickly as possible! 10/02/2020« Oriental dance, it’s easy ! », « Oriental dance is vulgar »... Because our boutique will always campaign to stand...Read more
- Bellydance by... Sarah, 6 years old 10/02/2020Enjoy the cute interview of a young dancer who explains in her own words why she loves oriental dance. We love it !Read more
- The benefits of Oriental Dance – 6 reasons to start or continue ! 05/10/2017We sometimes hear everything and anything about Bellydancing. Today, BellydanceDiscount.com separates for you fact...Read more
- The secrets of a successful dance choreography 12/12/2017Emotion, technique, staging, music, costumes. To ensure a perfect dance choreography, you need to work on each of...Read more
- 3 good deals for the Oriental dancers 23/02/2018Beyond Bellydancing, it is all the Eastern culture that you enjoy (cooking, beauty and tourism especially)....Read more
- What's in my Bellydance bag? 10 things you can't forget before leaving for the show! 02/05/2018At this time of year favorable to Bellydance performances, BellydanceDiscount.com lists everything you should not...Read more